Terms and Conditions of visiting our website and using the ECO2Fleet online service
Thank you for visiting our website. Before you go further, you must read, understand and agree to the Terms.
These Terms apply when you visit the website and are a binding agreement between us, Standard Bank Fleet Management (Pty) Ltd, and you. The latest version of these Terms applies each time you visit this website. Our website includes all related pages and websites.
ECO2Fleet Online service
Before you can use our ECO2Fleet online service, you must register with us, and we must accept your registration. We may accept or reject your registration at our sole discretion, without giving reasons.
Types of information on our website
The information on this site is given to provide you with a tool to help you manage your carbon footprint.
We will give you the following information on the vehicles in your fleet which are registered with us:
- the estimated carbon footprint of the vehicles in your fleet;
- a manufacturer specification if one is published in the data that we receive;
- a national average comparison, should a national average be available for the vehicle in question
The information which we provide you about your fleet may be obtained from third parties. We are not responsible if third parties provide us with incorrect information.
We may provide you with information about carbon emissions and reducing your carbon footprint generally. We provide this information "as is" and you may not rely on it or treat it as professional or legal advice. You should always discuss any information with a professional advisor before doing anything based on any information on this website.
Your privacy and security
We take your privacy and the security of your personal information very seriously. You can find out more about this in our privacy statement on this website.
Changes to these Terms
We may change these Terms from time to time. The latest version of these Terms apply whenever you visit this website. You agree to read the latest version each time you visit the website.
Live information on the website
We may use other organisations to provide general information on this website.
We have no control over this information and do not warrant or guarantee that it is correct or suitable for anything. Any of this information is provided "as is" and we are not responsible for any direct or indirect loss or damages that may follow from you relying on it.
Links to other websites
The website may link to other websites with information or content from other parties.
Although we try to only link to trustworthy parties or systems we are not responsible for any of this other information. If we provide a link to any other information, website, person or business, it does not mean that we have checked or approve of them.
We do not give any warranty about any other website, software or hardware, including their security or performance. You waive (give up) any claim you may have against us for any loss or damage you may suffer because you connect to any other website.
Permission for linking to our website
Nobody may create any kind of link or reference to our website without first getting our written permission. We may refuse permission or grant it on certain conditions. Links that need permission include hyperlinks (automatic links in text), deep links (that bypass the website’s home page), frames, metatags (keywords used to enable searching) or any similar reference, electronic or not.
Any request for linking to our website must be sent to [email protected]. We will try to answer as soon as possible. If we do not respond in writing in five business days, we have not agreed to your request.
If you breach these Terms, we may take immediate legal action without telling you, and you agree to repay us our costs of this legal action on the highest scale of attorney and own client.
Our intellectual property
We keep all copyright and other intellectual property rights in all content published on our website, including logos and other graphics and multimedia. You may view content and copy it onto a computer or other device or storage media, and you may print and make paper copies of it, but only if:
- it is for using or deciding about the ECO2Fleet online services;
- it is not used for any commercial purposes; and
- any copy of the content from any part of our website must show our copyright notice.
The logos and trade marks on our website are our registered and unregistered trade marks or those of other parties. Nothing on our website is a license to use any trade mark for any other purpose without first getting written permission from us or any other party that has rights to the intellectual property. You must send any request to use our content to [email protected]. We will try to answer as soon as possible. If we do not respond in writing in five business days, we have not agreed to your request.
Even if any content on our website is not confidential or there is no copyright in it, we own all of it and you have no rights in it.
You must use suitable hardware and software
You must use and update hardware and software (computer equipment and programs) suitable for this website and the ECO2Fleet online services. If you do not, the website may not work properly and this could increase your security risks.
If we offer any software to you on or through our website, the license agreement is between you and the software licensor (owner).
You indemnify us against any breach of a software license. We do not expressly or implicitly warrant that any software is of good quality or suitable for its purpose.
We also do not warrant that any file, download or application available on this website is safe to use on any computer. We cannot guarantee that it contains no software or data that can negatively affect a computer system, such as viruses, trojans and other malicious software.
Risks of sending information over the Internet
Information sent over the Internet, including email, can be intercepted, seen or changed. We take steps to limit these risks as explained in our privacy and security statement. Because we cannot stop all illegal activities, we are not responsible for any loss or damage you may suffer as a result. To limit risks, we may check any information you send using our website or email.
Consent to use of personal information
We may and you expressly consent to the collecting and processing of your personal information by us, to:
· administer and operate this website and the ECO2Fleet online services;
· provide any combination of services or analysis linked to this website and the ECO2Fleet online services, to you;
· monitor and analyse the conduct on this website and the ECO2Fleet online services for credit, fraud, compliance and other risk-related purposes;
· carry out statistical and other analysis to identify potential markets and trends, and
· develop new products and services.
You hereby expressly consent that we may:
· process and further process your personal information with all companies within the Standard Bank Group for the above purposes; and
· disclose your personal information to any person who provides services to us or acts as our agent or to whom we have transferred or propose to transfer any of our rights and duties in respect of this website and the ECO2Fleet online services. Some of these persons may be located in countries outside of the Republic of South Africa. We ask persons who provide services to us to agree to our privacy policies if they need access to any personal information to carry out their services.
You acknowledge that:
· we will at all times remain responsible for determining the purpose of and means for processing your personal information;
· we are required by various laws to collect some of your personal information;
· without your personal information we may be unable to open or continue to offer ECO2Fleet online services to you; and
· you are providing us with your personal information voluntarily.
Closing, suspending or limiting the website
We may change, suspend or close the website temporarily or permanently without giving notice. We may also limit certain services, features or functions, and we may restrict access to all or parts of any service on the website.
Disclaimer and limits of our responsibility
Your use of this website is dependent on factors beyond our control. We are not liable for any loss or damages you may suffer if a factor beyond our control arises.
You use this website and the ECO2Fleet online services entirely at your own risk. You are fully responsible for any loss or damage that may result from you using or not being able to use this website, or any of its content.
We (including our owners, agents, consultants, employees and any affiliated person) are not responsible for any loss or damages related to your use of this website. This includes, without limitation, any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages in terms of any contract, delict (breach of a duty of care) or law, and even if we were expressly told that any loss or damage was possible.
We are not responsible for any loss or damages, whether direct or indirect, that result from:
- any information on this website that is incorrect, unacceptable or inaccurate;
- any technical or other problem (including interruption, malfunction, downtime or other failure) that affects our website, system, any online service or any database for any reason;
- any problem affecting any other goods or services provided by any other party;
- any loss of or damage to any personal information or other data caused directly or indirectly by technical problems, power failures, unlawful acts (such as data theft), any harmful computer program or virus, or because of your own negligence ;
- any order, investment decision or purchase or disposal of goods or services (including any financial instrument or currency) from any other party based on any information on our website or from using the ECO2Fleet online service; or
- any event over which we have no direct control.
Capacity to enter into agreements
You warrant to us that you are legally capable of agreeing to these Terms. If you are younger than 18, or if you are not sure if you can legally enter into agreements without your legal guardian such as a parent agreeing to it with you, you must find out before you use the website. Our customer contact centre can help you.
Our certificate is initial proof of our website’s contents
A letter signed by us about the operation or functionality of any part of the ECO2Fleet online services and the website’s contents on any date are accepted as correct until proved otherwise.
Our address for notices and service of legal process
We choose the registered address on our website at www.standardbank.co.za. as the address where any legal document or notice must be served on or delivered to us (our domicilium citandi et executandi).
The law that applies to these Terms
South African law applies to these Terms, despite any other country’s law.
The headings in these Terms are only for information. Do not consider them when you interpret the Terms.
Any favour we may allow you will not affect any of our rights against you, whether the favour is expressed (said) or implied (not said). We do not waive (give up) any of our rights.
If any clause in these Terms is invalid or illegal or cannot be enforced, the remaining clauses will continue to be valid.
Email [email protected] if you have questions or do not understand anything about these Terms and we will respond as soon as possible.